Friday, March 13, 2009

Thrift store shopping

One of the best ways to reuse is to buy...well, used items. To this end, I like to do my fair share of thrift store shopping. Habitat For Humanity just recently opened their Vancouver store, so I went in yesterday. (Actually, I went in for a board meeting, but that's another story) Anyway, so something caught my eye... it looked at first like a tree skirt. Upon closer inspection, I realized it was a kimono on a stand. I was immediately taken with it, but had no idea how much they were asking, assuming it was out of my grasp. Turns out it was within my grasp. I debated last night and finally convinced myself to go back for it today. I LOVE it! I will take some pictures and share with everyone, as soon as I get it set up.

Have you had any fantastic thrift store finds? Share your stories in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails