Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Household Hazardous Waste satellite collections

If you live in Clark County, there are many opportunities to properly dispose of any hazardous waste from your household. (herbicides, pesticides, toxic cleaning products, paint, etc.) You can take it to any one of the three transfer stations (West Van, CTR or Washougal.) Or, if none of those are convenient, you can view the list of 2011 HHW satellite collections and find the one that is closest to you.

I hope this helps you properly dispose of your HHW.  If you live outside of Clark County, I recommend doing a search for your area and HHW disposal. Most areas have at least one option for proper disposal.

Email me if you have any questions!

-The Reuser

Update: Sorry, I forgot to mention...the most important bit of all: If you'd like to start to eliminating the use of toxic materials in your home, there are tons of resources available for doing this. If you are using a cleaner, polish, etc and wonder whether there is a "greener" version of it, simply do an internet search. You might just be surprised what you learn.
Related Posts with Thumbnails