Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Artist/Vendor Profile: Reca Brodie


Name:

Reca Brodie

Company name:
RecaCreations

Location:
Portland, OR

Website:
etsy.com/shop/RecaCreations

Facebook:
facebook.com/reca.creations

Other social media:
ArtfullyReimagined.com - RecaCreations

I have some pieces for sale at:
The Dancing Elephant Gallery in Baker City, OR
Belle Fleur Flower and Garden Boutique in Oak Grove, OR


Your products/projects:

There have been so many pieces I've made over the years that I have fallen in love with and swore that I would just keep for myself. I'd look at it for quite some time and finally come to the conclusion that, Oh, it's just too cute not to sell it. I just had that dilemma a few weeks ago with a piece that I just loved. I felt I could not part with it...then decided, Oh, someone is just going to fall in love with this one as much as I do...I just have to sell it. It's called Exquisite birdbath...you'll have to check it out on ArtfullyReimagined.com under RecaCreations.

My recycled yard art is made from used plates, platters, saucers, cups, mugs, bowls, vases, pitchers, figurines, knickknacks, etc. These items can have chips, cracks, blemishes, inconsistencies, flaws, etc. These items are made from glass, ceramic, porcelain, china, pottery, etc. Each piece is named, unique and one of a kind. These pieces cannot be reproduced. These pieces are made to be put outside and used as birdbaths, birdfeeders, plant stands or just art for your yard. Some clients have purchased them to put in their kitchen and place goodies upon them.

Me....I'm running and laughing in broken heels!

Green "Cred"
Creative reuse, Recycled content product, Refashioned, Reused materials
Why is "green" important to you?

For a very long time, I have believed in taking care of this great Earth of ours. When I was younger, I used to go to the dump with my best friend and her father. He was a handyman/gardener and would take tree limbs/yard debris to the dump. I was so sickened by what I saw there, and I have viewed the Earth differently after those trips to the dump.

I have tried to minimize my footprint at the waste facilities, as they're called now, and I still feel that I never do enough. We have become a throw-away society! We don't fix things anymore, we just get new ones. We have to have the newest, latest, greatest item out there before the other one has lived out its life expectancy.

I am happy that more and more people are recycling, and that more items can be recycled.

I would like to see this World of ours stay green and healthy for the rest of my life and for future generations to come....but, we have a long way to go to make sure that each and every one of us are responsible in accomplishing this goal.
Your origin story?
I have been crafting all my life, and mainly just for fun as a hobby. Over the years many friends and family have enjoyed my creations. Ten years ago I decided to see how well the general public would accept my creations as well, and to date they still seem to enjoy and embrace them....in which I am greatly appreciative. I have always been a huge recycler and I'm glad to say that my art reflects that view.
Your inspiration?
Nature inspires me...it never ceases to amaze me. Just when you think you've seen it all, around the next bend is something even more spectacular! When people look at my art they always comment on how the items I have chosen to put together really don't match, but they do go together. I take examples from nature....it doesn't matter if things match, but they do go together very well!
Your heroes? 

I don't have a particular hero but, my heroes are the ones who overcome adversity when all odds are against them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails