Monday, August 5, 2013

Chicken coop made from reused materials

front of the coop, with the back
shown in inset
Pre-weathered wood makes for a great-looking home for some backyard chickens

I've been bringing you creative reuses from my colleagues lately and here's another one. A lovely woman I work with, Cathy, sent me these pics and description: 

My husband made this chicken house from mostly reused materials. The outside wood is from an old cedar fence. The rest of the wood & hardware came from the Rebuild Center and scraps he had on hand. The only exception is the hardware cloth, it was purchased new. I love the end result!  

I do, too, Cathy-that's a classy coop for your cluckers!

Those are some happy hens!

back of coop-showing egg and hen access


1 comment:

  1. Cathy just wrote to add this little tidbit:

    BTW - the temporary cover for the chicken run is an old shower curtain. It worked great for spring/summer, but will be looking for something more permanent for the winter.

    Cool!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails