Sunday, July 3, 2011

#PurJuly day 3

I just got some totally awesome PurJuly stories from Josy (see below)


My item today is: A Stitch doll. I have just a few stuffed animals in my home. I kept my Grimm and Lorax* stuffed animals, but I decided I could probably give up Stitch. I honestly don't remember why I have a Stitch in the first place. The only thing I can come up with is that it might have been a gift from a family member who went to Disneyland. If that is the case, I hope they'll understand that I have way too many things. Plus, to me, a stuffed animal should be loved (ala Toy Story) Hopefully, now Stitch will find a new home and be loved. 


*If you are an environmental educator and you haven't read The Lorax, I highly recommend it. I find the book a really easy way to talk about complex concepts like pollution, consumerism, activism, habitat, etc.


Here are the pics and stories behind Josy's purged items:


Item 1: I finally pulled the dryer out of my basement, previous owners left it. I put it by street for scrappers not sure if it worked.  My neighbors across street saw it and asked if they could have it.  Turns out they haven't had a working dryer in 2 years!!!  I helped get it over there and it totally works and they were so happy which made me very happy. 
Item 2: Treadmill went fast 


I guess sometimes getting rid of unwanted items is as easy as purging them from your home and letting others know you've got some items to give away. 


I'm not sure how Josy's going to get weights on those items for the tracking spreadsheet. Crazy! I'm feeling a little bit of that glow-after-purging vicariously. Way to go, Josy! 

1 comment:

  1. Who was liffting all of these heavy things out of Josy's basement? This looks like the PurJuly workout plan!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails