You still have time to gather up some friends and your holiday lists for this Saturday! Come on out to the Check 'Em Off, Green holiday gift event. All the vendors are locals (the farthest anyone is traveling to be here is Goldendale-everyone else is from Clark County or Portland.) There will be jewelry, hats, clothing, food, toys, experiences etc. Most of the items are hand-made from recycled and reused materials. If you've ever shopped at the Recycled Arts Festival* and would like to buy in a similar way for your holiday gift needs, come see us this Saturday from 12-5 at the Marshall Center. With 47 vendors, there's sure to be something for everyone! Here's some ideas:
- Enjoy a chair massage and buy massage gift certificates for that stressed person on your list
- Got kids? You might like to get them some recycled crayons or a capri-sun notepad, a new hat or a book about a local dog named Metro
- Know someone who likes bling-Get them some hand-made jewelry. We have lots of vendors who make jewelry from fun items, like beverage bottles, skateboards, fused plastic and many others. Or, if they're like me and already have too much jewelry, buy them an upcycled organizer.
- For the DIYer in your family, you can purchase a gift certificate to the Habitat For Humanity store
- Got a loved one that loves their garden? Purchase some yard art or seeds
- Can't find anything for that person-who-has-everything? Purchase a brick or a calendar from the SW Washington Humane Society and your purchase will help pets find forever homes.
- After you've exhausted yourself, enjoy a warm drink and some lunch on-site from Reo's
Also, if you've recently realized you’re drowning in holiday decorations you never use, bring them to this event and swap them out with others, all for free!
We hope to see you there! This event is open to the public.
*Recycled Arts Festival is a super fun annual event put on by Clark County, the last weekend in June