Monday, February 1, 2010

Updating the ol' blog

I've been working harder on my blog content lately-have you noticed? I hope so! :D With my one year blogiversary coming up, I've been thinking about what this blog is, what I want it to be and how I can make it better for all.

I also have some recent improvements and some in the works:

1. I just added the "you also might like" feature. Do you love or hate? (I'm finding it looks a bit clunky with posts that are short and when it adds posts that don't have a photo-see below...)

2. I've always struggled with adding photos. I know lots of people add photos from Google Image searches, but there are some potential copyright issues with that. I also know that personally, my favorite blogs are the ones that have lots of wonderful photos taken with the author's camera. Unfortunately, I find I don't really have enough time to take a photo for each post and/or that because a lot of my posts are just links to others' blogs, I often don't have time to try out the tutorial and photograph it for the post. So...advice?

3. I will be working on adding labels (keywords) soon. I think that will help with #1 and possibly have the added benefit of increasing traffic.

4. Finally...anything you'd like to see here? Comments are open, as always.

P.S. I think for my one year anniversary, I'm going to hold a little giveaway of an item that I've been asked many times for. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails